w3wp increasing what is the problem?

Reaction score
After researching bit the leaking issue i found out my app have a "managed heap memory "

When performed a test with windbg tool i got a list with all the object placed in the GC heaps

at the bottom of the sorted list that's what i got :

79124418 371 147456 System.Byte[]

791242ec 917 214392 System.Collections.Hashtable+bucket[]

79124228 5862 358508 System.Object[]

790fa3e0 16578 1273592 System.String

as you can see the number of the largest bytes belongs to System.String .

now at my system i have lots of datatable contain string info retrived from DB and as far as i know i cant free the datatable or its content explicity (its done by the GC).

i am unable to arrive to the function that causes the leak with the windbg tool because after using !dumpobj and !dumpmt -md on the addresses related to the string objects

i got a list of System.String objects that didnt reffer me to a function name in my application ....

i have also checked if there are string manipulation that can cause a a memory leak by using duplicate or more same variables but there are no string concatenating and there is no need for me to use string.intern() to check for existing string

i also would like to know what is idletimeout in the applicationpool i set it to 1 and havent seen any changment i havent touch the application for more than one minutes and the w3wp process remained with the amount of 76000kb if so what is the purpos of idletimeout ?
also if i close the browser should the w3wp peocess decrease to 0 or at least decrease from the number he is now?(which is 76000)
i need your help regarding my app memory leak please advice
thanks
eyal

Please Have you Got any Ideas?

Ask a Question