WCF Add Service Reference error

Gary Homewood

I created a new web application, and a new WCF service application. When I
try and add a service reference to the web application, the button to
discover services in solution manages to find the service, but when I ok
this, I get an error "Could not load type
'System.ServiceModel.FaultImportOptions' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel,
Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=..."

VS2008 Version 9.0.30428.1 SP1Beta1
Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2

Any ideas?

John Saunders

Gary Homewood said:
I created a new web application, and a new WCF service application. When I
try and add a service reference to the web application, the button to
discover services in solution manages to find the service, but when I ok
this, I get an error "Could not load type
'System.ServiceModel.FaultImportOptions' from assembly
'System.ServiceModel,
Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=..."

VS2008 Version 9.0.30428.1 SP1Beta1
Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2

Any ideas?

Try a repair install of .NET 3.5. I'm also running SP1 beta, and do not have
this problem.

Suman Biswas

Install .Net framework 3.5 SP1.
System.ServiceModel.FaultImportOptions is only supported by 3.5 sp1 and 3.0
sp2