web.config in subdirectory related query

VSK

Hi all,

I have read that you can have have multiple web.config files but some tags
including <authentication> can only be present in the root one.

but our applictaion is used by 3 different kinds of users.
so we have 1 virtual directory and 3 folders, 1 for each type of user.
we have 1 login page in each of the 3 different folders.

Now my requirement is when the session times out /invalid login
information/.... i need to go to login page of curresponding folder.

How can is set this in web.config in subdirectory as i cannot override
authentication tag in subdirectory.

Do i have to make each subfolder VirtualDirectory?

we are using webfarm with 2 webservers.

what is the best practice to implement this?

Any sugesstions would be helpful

Thanks
VSK

Johan Normén NSQAURED2

"Do i have to make each subfolder VirtualDirectory?"
Yes. Beacuse you can't override that kind of settings :-(
Why not persenolize the loginpage instead? you can get
the language settings you have in IE to identify there
language, you can get there IP (if static) as identifier
etc...

JN