Web.config schema messages

Guest

Hi,

I currently have several sections pointing to various custom providers
inside my Web.conf file.

I get multiple messages about not being able to find schema information.
("Could not find schema information for the element
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:configSections'")

Currently my configuration tag is as follow:
"<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">"

The site works fine despite the messages but It'd feel better without them!

Does someone have a fix?

Thanks.

S. Justin Gengo

Hmmm,

I should have realized what this really was (I reported it as a bug back in
November), thanks Erik.

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produ...edbackID=f33e91f7-54af-4239-b469-a2ea6051d54a

Here's the fix Microsoft attached to my bug report to keep it from ever
happening again:

FDBK39924#2: Fix Web Site Administration Tool
Workaround Description:
It is possible to correct this problem modifing source of configuration tool
that can be found in
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles
Workaround Steps:
Change in WebAdminPage.cs file, located in
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\App_Code
directory, the line (number 93):

config.NamespaceDeclared = true;

with

config.NamespaceDeclared = false;

Regards,

--
S. Justin Gengo
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library:
http://www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Guest

Unfortunately this is not a fix because I started out without the “xmlns†bit
but VS complained about my CUSTOM (provider) sections requesting a schema.

I read somewhere the actual fix is to include schema information about the
new sections in the “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\Xml\Schemas\DotNetConfig.xsd†file but how do I do that? Is there a way to
automatically generate new schema info based on existing “web.config�

Thanks in advance.

Rachel

Erik Funkenbusch

Unfortunately this is not a fix because I started out without the ´xmlns¡ bit
but VS complained about my CUSTOM (provider) sections requesting a schema.

No. You should not have any complaint about a custom provider without the
xmlns.
I read somewhere the actual fix is to include schema information about the
new sections in the ´C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\Xml\Schemas\DotNetConfig.xsd¡ file but how do I do that? Is there a way to
automatically generate new schema info based on existing ´web.config¡?

No, this is simply not true. The xmlns was used in betas, and mistakenly
was never removed from the administration site code. It simply should not
be there at all.