Web Config

Guest

I'm getting errors when I run my application with the following in my web
config file.

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.vb"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
<add verb="*" path="*.cs"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
<add verb="*" path="*.vbproj"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
<add verb="*" path="*.csproj"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
<add verb="*" path="*.webinfo"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
</httpHandlers>

Karl Seguin

My guess is that since System.Web.dll is located in the GAC (global assembly
cache) it requires the full assembly name which might be:
System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web,Version=1.0.3705.0,Culture=neutral
,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

However, I don't think there's any need to map those extensions to it
anymore..I think as of 1.0 those extensions are automatically mapped...could
be wrong about all of this though.

Karl

Guest

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its
dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 74:
Line 75: <httpHandlers>
Line 76: <add verb="*" path ="*.vb"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
Line 77: <add verb="*" path ="*.cs"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
Line 78: <add verb="*" path ="*.vbproj"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />

Guest

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its
dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 74:
Line 75: <httpHandlers>
Line 76: <add verb="*" path ="*.vb"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
Line 77: <add verb="*" path ="*.cs"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
Line 78: <add verb="*" path ="*.vbproj"
type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />

Juan T. Llibre

Could it be because all of those handlers
are already configured in machine.config as
System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler
( not as System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler... )

???

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP