Web Parts Export and URL Rewriting

Stephan Zahariev

Hi all,

I'm developing large web site for manufacturing based on web parts. As well
the site uses URL rewriting via IHttpModule handler and custom
PersonalizationProvider to persist web part data.

Everything works fine except when I try to export a web part. I have enabled
the export verb for the web parts and when I click on this verb the post
back is to the original URL instead of the dynamically rewrited address. I
have noticed that this address is constructed from the
WebPartManager.GetExportUrl method. This method uses the internal
Page.Request.QueryStringText method to get the URL. I can't change both of
them, because the first one is not virtual and the second one is marked as
internal.

So my question is how to enable the export verb to work together with the
URL rewriting. Hope anyone can help. My current development environment is:
Visual Studio 2005 + SP1, .NET Framework 2.0 + SP1, IE7.

Best regards
Stephan Zahariev