Web Service not working

tshad

I have a simple Webservice (the infamous Hello program).

This file is in wwwroot and gets called fine.
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<script Language="Javascript">
var iCallID;

function InitializeService()
{
alert("Before useServer");

service.useService("http://localhost/Hello/Service1.asmx?wsdl","HelloService
");
service.HelloService.callService("HelloWorld");
alert("After callService");
}

function ShowResult()
{
alert(event.result.value);
}
</script>
</head>

style="behavior:url(webservice.htc)"
onresult="ShowResult">

The webservice.htc file is also in wwwroot.

I get the alert statements in InitializeService. But the ShowResult never
gets Called.

I can call this http://localhost/Hello/Service1.asmx?wsdl fine from IE and
it comes up correctly and runs fine.

I have another service with the same problem, what am I missing?

Thanks,

Tom

Guest

Check the security in your IE. I am not sure which option it is. I have
noticed that sometimes Javascript do not show error message when there is a
security restriction.