Web UserControls and databinding...

fahad

I have created a user control and declared following property...

[Bindable(true), DefaultValue("NoName")]
public string Text
{
get
set

Now when I drag/drop the user control on an ASPX file, if I select droped
control/properties/databindings, I don find Text.

Simillary, if I drag/drop control in Template column of a datagrid, I am
unable to map datacolumn onto it.

On the other hand, if I declare above property in a Custom Control -
property is available in databindings!

I have tried same thing in Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2003 .. no
difference. Am I missing something fatal or is this a limitation in User
Controls?

Thanks in advance....