Webservices Eventing

Guest

Hi, we have data points coming in quickly a few times a second and need to
push it out to many clients (Flex, if its important...) who subscribe to
receive the data without polling for each point. I believe this is called
Webservices Eventing... Can somebody point me to an example of this sort of
thing in C# / ASP.NET?

Thanks.

bruce barker

flex data service events don't work with webservices. they work if
message servers like JMS. flex data services keeps a persistent
connection open to the server, so messages can pass back and forth
without polling.

not sure where C# / asp.net come in with your project. an asp.net page
can host a flash file that has the flex support.

if you want flex to call your server, then a JMS bridge is probably the
easiest. though this would not be asp.net until iis 7.0, your bridge
would be a nt service.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)