Webservices XML, XSLT and the Dataset

Joseph

I've been working with webservices on and off the last couple of days and
have been trying to figure out how what's the best way of formatting XML
data sent by them. I have a legacy application that requires specific node
names and data structure.

I've created webservices that return a dataset, xmldatadocument and even
build an XML document in memory to to the calling application - but these
solutions don't offer the flexibility or preformance I'm after.

I created an XSLT that defines what my data needs to be transformed into,
but am having trouble getting a dataset to transform using it and output as
an XML document. The few samples I've found on this are using "real" xml
documents vice a dataset, and I can't get them to work.

Can anyone provide a sample (VB.NET or C#) of a dataset being formated with
an XSLT?

Thanks for any assistance. What I'm doing now works but it isn't the "best"
way and I'm driving myself crazy knowing there's the "better" way staring me
in the face.

Joseph