Website Service/License Authorization

Garth17

Hi,

I'm currently designing a website that will provide different types of
services to customers. The Customers will have a choice of which
services they will want to purchase and then I will license them these
services for a specified amount of time. I will be doing this as a .Net
Web Application. I have read about the System.Security.Principal
namespace and how it can help you authenticate and authorize role based
security.

But in my use case I would need to delegate services to each individual
license holder not as a role. This is first time I have attempted to
design such a system. Are there any standard ways of doing this with
..Net?

So basically someone would purchase a license for a service. This
license will be recorded into the database and will expire on a certain
date. I was also hoping to have a 1 to many relationship of license to
services. So one person can purchase a license that grants him access
to many services. This would allow me to market and package my
services in a very flexible way.

I would also like to be able to have the flexibility to define groups
of people and allow the group to share a common license for my
services.

I would think this to be a very common requirement of a lot of softare
applications today. Where can I find information of best practices for
such a system?