Coding Problem/Challenge website that limits your resource usage

Joined
Aug 16, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to post this :)

A while back I came across a video that showed a coding problem website, like there are many off. The cool thing about this particular website was that it also limited the resources your solution was allowed to use; e.g. computational time/memory usage. This challenged you to come up with efficient solutions, rather than stuff that 'just works'.

I would like to practice on this website, but I can't for the life of me find it on google, and I can't find the video that showcased it either. Does anyone happen to know what website this may be? I think it was about Python, but it may also have been a different language, I'm not sure anymore...

Kind regards,
Chris

Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
11
Algorithm performance is usually measured using the Big O notation, which describes performance in both time and space complexity.

For example if I have a collection of N items, searching through them one at a time to find a given thing costs O(N) tries. But that's not how we would search a phonebook, which takes O(log N) tries.