well-known Internet sites which use Java based web servers

Mladen Adamovic

I tried to find the list of well-known Internet sites which use Java
based web servers (tomcat, weblogic, Jboss, etc.).

I googled but didn't find that list.

So far I know the following :
weather.com
www.britannica.com
news.bbc.co.uk (using WebObjects from Apple)
www.apple.com

Since Java is usuall solution in big enterprise products it should be
easy to find more.

Do you know more?

knorth

Tomcat and JBoss are application servers. If you're looking for web
server information, consider servers such as Jetty and Sun Java System
Web Server.

About 90% of web sites are running Apache or Internet Information
Server. The Sun web server is third at 2.5% (1.8 million sites).

To check what web server a site is running, go to www.netcraft.com. It
reports brittanica.com and weather.com are running Apache. If you want
examples for specific application servers, use a search engine and
enter "case study" and the app server name.

Ken North

Malte

knorth said:
Tomcat and JBoss are application servers. If you're looking for web
server information, consider servers such as Jetty and Sun Java System
Web Server.

About 90% of web sites are running Apache or Internet Information
Server. The Sun web server is third at 2.5% (1.8 million sites).

To check what web server a site is running, go to www.netcraft.com. It
reports brittanica.com and weather.com are running Apache. If you want
examples for specific application servers, use a search engine and
enter "case study" and the app server name.

Ken North
Lots of servers run Apache then have Apache farm out work to J2EE

?

.

I tried to find the list of well-known Internet sites which use Java
based web servers (tomcat, weblogic, Jboss, etc.).

As others have pointed out, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, etc. are application
servers. Assuming you are interested in the application servers people are
using, hunt around www.serverwatch.com. You should be able to find
something there.

Generally speaking though, if I was running an Internet site, why would I
want to promote the application server I'm using? Unless some company is
going to make it worth my while I'd prefer to keep it under wraps.
I googled but didn't find that list.

So far I know the following :
weather.com
www.britannica.com
news.bbc.co.uk (using WebObjects from Apple)
www.apple.com

Since Java is usuall solution in big enterprise products it should be
easy to find more.

Do you know more?

Yes but it is because they are partners with my company and I'm not at
liberty to say who they are.