    what is meant by enterprise application?

    regds,
    bob

    Bob, Sep 16, 2004

  2. ditto q=Java+22enterprise+application%22

    Report back your findings and I am
    confident people will be happy to correct
    any misunderstandings.

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Bob

    Jacob Guest

    It is really a silly term, probably created by some
    marketing departement... :)

    From O'Reilly "Java Enterprise in a Nutshell":

    "The term enterprise computing is simply a synonym
    for distributed computing: computation done by groups
    of programs interacting over a network."

    Jacob, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Bob

    Kevin Guest

    There is really no "real" difference. J2EE adds a bunch of garbage
    that Sun thinks is "enterprise" like EJB and useless junks like that.
    It's stupid in my opinion. Java is Java, we don't need to
    differentiate and add more buzzwords. The point is, if it does not
    have the word "Enterprise" in it, the morons at Sun thinks it's not a
    good marketing hype.

    Kevin, Sep 17, 2004