What is this problem

Saurabh

Hi,

Please help. Never faced this problem before with cpan

cpan> install Cache::FastMap
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
Warning: Found only 0 objects in /root/.cpan/Metadata
CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
Fetching with LWP:
/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
Fetching with LWP:
/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
Fetching with LWP:
/modules/03modlist.data.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch modules/03modlist.data.gz
Going to write /root/.cpan/Metadata
Warning: Cannot install Cache::FastMap, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Cache::FastMap/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

Please help

Regards
Saurabh

John

Saurabh said:
[...]

Try Cache::FastMmap. I think you have a missing 'm'.

Regards
John

Sherm Pendley

Saurabh said:
cpan> install Cache::FastMap
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
Warning: Found only 0 objects in /root/.cpan/Metadata
CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
Fetching with LWP:
/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push
ftp://myurl/'

The error means just what it says - the URL to the CPAN mirror in your
CPAN config file is not valid. From what it says its "Fetching with
LWP", it looks like the URL is empty, but it must be a absolute URL,
including the scheme and host name.

Use "o conf urllist" in the CPAN shell to display a list of the CPAN
mirrors you've configured, and the command suggested in the error
message to add one to the list.

sherm--

Sherm Pendley

John said:
Saurabh said:
Fetching with LWP:
/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Try Cache::FastMmap. I think you have a missing 'm'.

Try reading the error message.

sherm--