What's wrong with this simple script ? I've been really fighting this one !

Alex

I have a combo named cboType. Depending on its index, I need to build
a string to assign to the NavigateUrl of a hyperlink (the path to a
doc in the 'previews' subfolder).

I get a "The server tag is not well formed' error.....

NavigateUrl=
'<%#"javascript:
var index =
document.getElementById('cboType.ClientID').selectedIndex;
return '~/Previews/' + cboType.options[index].text + '.doc';
"%>'

I have tried this in many ways..... the same problem.... :-(((((

Thanks a lot !
Alex

Alex

I have a combo named cboType. Depending on its index, I need to build
a string to assign to the NavigateUrl of a hyperlink (the path to a
doc in the 'previews' subfolder).
I get a "The server tag is not well formed' error.....
NavigateUrl=
'<%#"javascript:
var index =
document.getElementById('cboType.ClientID').selectedIndex;
return '~/Previews/' + cboType.options[index].text + '.doc';
"%>'

The error message indicates that the server is trying to evaluate the JS
inside the <%#...%>, but that isn't what you want. You want the JS to
show up on the client's computer in the web page, to evaluate after the
user has selected one of cboType's options.

Thanks for answering, Jim. I understand your point.... but how do I go
about doing that ? I'm looking at this code, and to me(because of my
very limited knowledge) it looks alright....

Alex.