What's Your Favorite HTML Editor?

cwdjrxyz

genedefcon2006 said:
Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
Mine's EditPad Lite.

For an html only page, I often use notepad in the Windows XP OS.
However, I use quite a bit of php, and unless you have a server on your
computer, you have to check the php page online. I have a php editor on
the server of my host. Thus I can make changes there and with a click
or two see how they work on a served page. Often a page that uses php
can be mostly written and debugged on your computer and the php portion
only added at the last minute. This approach can save time.

The Mozilla, Netscape, and now SeaMonkey browsers have an editor that
works fairly well and will allow you to upload a page, complete with
images and other media, scripts, etc by just a click or two after you
get the page working. It is worth a look if you use any of these
browsers. I don't like complicated editors that sometimes write code
best suited for one browser, such as IE6. However there are people that
will have nothing other than on of Microsoft webpage programs and a
Microsoft server to go along with it. Not many such people seem to use
this group :) .

genedefcon2006

To me if it can edit HTML, and it's free, and it has a good interface,
I'll use it. Still I prefer EditPad Lite. SeaMonkey/Netscape/Mozilla
editor is good and is a bit like Nvu.

dorayme

"genedefcon2006 said:
To me if it can edit HTML, and it's free, and it has a good interface,
I'll use it.

You mean any editor that happens to catch your eye on any
particular day that can edit html (what can't btw?) you will use?

Enjoy yourself. Things are going to be different when I am king.
No more wishy washy crap like this. You will damn well use what I
tell you to use.

nice.nice.dorayme

genedefcon2006

I mean that if I'm on my friends computer, i'll use say, the SeaMonkey
html editor, at work use notepad, on my desktop use editpad lite, and
on my laptop use notepad. I'll use what is avliable.

dorayme

"genedefcon2006 said:
I mean that if I'm on my friends computer, i'll use say, the SeaMonkey
html editor, at work use notepad, on my desktop use editpad lite, and
on my laptop use notepad. I'll use what is avliable.

And I meant that when I am king, you will be forced to use what
is not available.

genedefcon2006

Is this thread having anything to do with HTML? And remember this is
being archived! : )

dorayme

"genedefcon2006 said:
Is this thread having anything to do with HTML? And remember this is
being archived! : )

O! OK. I better wait till I'm king before carrying on further...

Edwin van der Vaart

genedefcon2006 schreef:
Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
Mine's EditPad Lite.
vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

Sally Thompson

genedefcon2006 schreef:
vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.

So what do you use on the other days of the week?{1}
:)

[1] Sorry, deliberately unsnipped to make the joke.

Edwin van der Vaart

Sally Thompson schreef:
So what do you use on the other days of the week?
:)
A cup of tea.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
24help.info, issociate.de, velocityreviews, umailcampaign.com,
gthelp.com, webfrustration.com, excip.com and many other to duplicate
this post.

JohnW

Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
Mine's EditPad Lite.

I've been happily using Homesite for 5 years (bought it from
Allaire before Macromedia bought them, and now Adobe bought
Macromedia). Before that I used Hot Dog. I use EditPadLite and
TSE (successor to QEdit) extensively but not for HTML work.

The sites I maintain have a high percentage of older people so I want
to keep things simple and small (for dial ups).

I use CSS but mainly only for style uniformity within a site. Forex,
when I get a doc file, I convert it to HTML with old Word 97 (pre CSS
coding) whereas Word 2003 adds 50% to the file size with CSS coding
throughout and the resulting page looks no better in a browser.

Sid

On 8 Oct 2006 09:09:19 -0700, "genedefcon2006"

: I am thinking of getting Home Site.

Good for you!

Sid

BootNic

genedefcon2006 said:
news: (e-mail address removed)
I am thinking of getting Home Site.

http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/

You can upgrade from any previous version of WeBuilder, HTMLPad, Rapid CSS or Rapid PHP. The upgrade price is only $25.85 (limited
time offer).

WeBuilder 2006 Personal License - $39.85 US (Special Offer)
For personal non-commercial use by students and other individuals.

WeBuilder 2006 - $49.85 US (Special Offer)
For general use by professional developers, companies and government

Unconditional 30-day Money-Back Guarantee

Very similar to Home Site.

Home Site 5.5 US $99.00

--
BootNic Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:50 PM

Happiness for the average person may be said to flow largely from
common sense - adapting one-self to circumstances - and a sense of
humor.
*Beatrice Lillie (1898-1989) English comedienne*

JohnW

http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/

You can upgrade from any previous version of WeBuilder, HTMLPad, Rapid CSS or Rapid PHP. The upgrade price is only $25.85 (limited
time offer).

WeBuilder 2006 Personal License - $39.85 US (Special Offer)
For personal non-commercial use by students and other individuals.

WeBuilder 2006 - $49.85 US (Special Offer)
For general use by professional developers, companies and government

Unconditional 30-day Money-Back Guarantee

Very similar to Home Site.

Home Site 5.5 US $99.00

Thank you. I'll try it - d/l a trial copy.

I'm not unhappy with Homesite but there may be things in WeBuilder I'd
like but I don't know about.