Where are the perl folks?

Eric J. Roode

James E Keenan

Eric J. Roode said:

Something's amiss.

The comp.lang.perl.announce moderators don't seem to be around anywhere. I
posted a message there a couple weeks ago; it hasn't shown up. I sent a
followup email asking about status, but it has so far been unanswered.

No new modules / namespaces have been accepted by pause.perl.org in a
couple weeks.

Partial answer: scheduled downtime http://pause.perl.org/pause/query

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach Eric J. Roode:
Something's amiss.

The comp.lang.perl.announce moderators don't seem to be around anywhere. I
posted a message there a couple weeks ago; it hasn't shown up. I sent a
followup email asking about status, but it has so far been unanswered.

No new modules / namespaces have been accepted by pause.perl.org in a
couple weeks. Someone posted a question asking about this to
(e-mail address removed), and it has gone unanswered.

Those are things that require human interference. Right now a lot of
conferences are going on and everyone seems to be on one or the other.
That should be over soon (hmmh, but then YAPC::Europe begins).

Anyway, in general I noticed that, too. I still have two not yet applied
patches in the p5p-queue. But patience usually pays off.
I tried to join perl5-porters a week or two ago. I sent a blank email to
the address specified at dev.perl.org, and nothing has happened -- no
confirmations, no rejections, and no mailing list messages.

That is odd. This mailing-list is handled by ezmlm so you should at
least get an automatic reply. Did you use the address
<[email protected]>?

Tassilo

Randal L. Schwartz

Eric> The comp.lang.perl.announce moderators don't seem to be around anywhere.

If you didn't get my autoreply, then I never saw the message. I
usually either post or reject within an hour or two of seeing it
(sending back an email for either), but I sometimes don't see it for a
day or two.

If you use a spamproofed email, I generally just toss the message. I
won't post anything to CLPA without a valid return email, and I don't
spend any effort at all to decode the email to say so.

Although my logging is not as good as it could be, I don't recall
anything from you recently.

Eric> I posted a message there a couple weeks ago; it hasn't shown
Eric> up. I sent a followup email asking about status, but it has so
Eric> far been unanswered.

If you sent email to me, and I didn't see it, then my spam filters
probably swallowed your email. I use SpamAssassin augmented with
conservative relay block lists. Perhaps your host is being blocked.

Eric> No new modules / namespaces have been accepted by pause.perl.org in a
Eric> couple weeks. Someone posted a question asking about this to
Eric> (e-mail address removed), and it has gone unanswered.

Eric> I tried to join perl5-porters a week or two ago. I sent a blank email to
Eric> the address specified at dev.perl.org, and nothing has happened -- no
Eric> confirmations, no rejections, and no mailing list messages.

Eric> What is going on?

Wait... there's a theme here. A *lot* of your emails are being
dropped. Sounds like you either have a bad outgoing mail connection,
or your mail relay has been spam-targeted. Maybe you should look
into that.

print "Just another Perl hacker," # and CLPA moderator