Where are the perl folks?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Eric J. Roode, Jul 16, 2003.

    Eric J. Roode, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Partial answer: scheduled downtime http://pause.perl.org/pause/query

    James E Keenan, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Also sprach Eric J. Roode:
    Those are things that require human interference. Right now a lot of
    conferences are going on and everyone seems to be on one or the other.
    That should be over soon (hmmh, but then YAPC::Europe begins).

    Anyway, in general I noticed that, too. I still have two not yet applied
    patches in the p5p-queue. But patience usually pays off.
    That is odd. This mailing-list is handled by ezmlm so you should at
    least get an automatic reply. Did you use the address
    <>?

    Tassilo

    Tassilo v. Parseval, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Eric> The comp.lang.perl.announce moderators don't seem to be around anywhere.

    If you didn't get my autoreply, then I never saw the message. I
    usually either post or reject within an hour or two of seeing it
    (sending back an email for either), but I sometimes don't see it for a
    day or two.

    If you use a spamproofed email, I generally just toss the message. I
    won't post anything to CLPA without a valid return email, and I don't
    spend any effort at all to decode the email to say so.

    Although my logging is not as good as it could be, I don't recall
    anything from you recently.

    Eric> I posted a message there a couple weeks ago; it hasn't shown
    Eric> up. I sent a followup email asking about status, but it has so
    Eric> far been unanswered.

    If you sent email to me, and I didn't see it, then my spam filters
    probably swallowed your email. I use SpamAssassin augmented with
    conservative relay block lists. Perhaps your host is being blocked.

    Eric> No new modules / namespaces have been accepted by pause.perl.org in a
    Eric> couple weeks. Someone posted a question asking about this to
    Eric> , and it has gone unanswered.

    Eric> I tried to join perl5-porters a week or two ago. I sent a blank email to
    Eric> the address specified at dev.perl.org, and nothing has happened -- no
    Eric> confirmations, no rejections, and no mailing list messages.

    Eric> What is going on?

    Wait... there's a theme here. A *lot* of your emails are being
    dropped. Sounds like you either have a bad outgoing mail connection,
    or your mail relay has been spam-targeted. Maybe you should look
    into that.

    print "Just another Perl hacker," # and CLPA moderator

    Randal L. Schwartz, Jul 17, 2003