Where do I find what colors and fonts are available?

SeeBelow

I'm learning Tkinter, from Grayson's book and some online sources.

I don't know how to find out which color names and font names are
available on my system. I'm using Windows 2000. I assume that info is
in some file or files somewhere, buy I don't know the file name or
directory.

Thanks,

Mitchell Timin

--
"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca

Scott David Daniels

I don't know how to find out which color names
I searched my python directory for files including "darkblue"
and found two text files in <pythondir>\Tools\Pynche with interesting
lists: webcolors.txt and rgb.txt (as well as some good stuff from
reportlab and wxPython, which you probably don't have loaded).
and font names are available on my system. I'm using Windows 2000.
I'd search for *.ttf (a particular kind of font file), and look at the
directories where several of these show up. This is, of course, a Win2K
rather than Python Question. On my installation, the fonts are in
C:\WINNT\Fonts.

Cousin Stanley

I'm learning Tkinter, from Grayson's book and some online sources.

I don't know how to find out which color names and font names are
available on my system. I'm using Windows 2000. I assume that info is
in some file or files somewhere, buy I don't know the file name or
directory.

Thanks,

Mitchell Timin

Mitchell ....

For a list of fonts in Tkinter,
you might try ....

import Tkinter
import tkFont

root = Tkinter.Tk()

list_fonts = list( tkFont.families() )

list_fonts.sort()

for this_family in list_fonts :

print this_family

For a list of colors in Tkinter
check the list at ....

http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TkCmd/colors.htm

SeeBelow

Cousin said:
Mitchell ....

For a list of fonts in Tkinter,
you might try ....

import Tkinter
import tkFont

root = Tkinter.Tk()

list_fonts = list( tkFont.families() )

list_fonts.sort()

for this_family in list_fonts :

print this_family

For a list of colors in Tkinter
check the list at ....

http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TkCmd/colors.htm

Thanks, Couz, that's very good info.

"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca

Cousin Stanley

Thanks, Couz, that's very good info.

Mitchell ....

You're welcome ....