Where does the Locale come from for Web Services?

Eric Mamet

I am having problems with a small app I wrote where my web services
insist in using US dates while my front end uses European format...

The app was running fine but then my machine was reinstalled
(re-formatted) with Win2K Server and the US locale by default.
I then re-installed all apps, including Visual Studio .Net.
Recompiled and setup my ASP.Net projects.

Then only I noticed the locale being US and I changed it for both my
account and the system default to UK.
Rebooted.

It looks like my Web Services carry on running in a US locale
environment (01/28/04) while the front-end (VB.Net windows App)
prefers 28/01/04...
Where is this coming from?

Could it be the locale of the user ASPNET? I can't find where to
check/change this.

Thanks

Eric Mamet

Jan Tielens

Since your webservices probably run (if you haven't changed anything) under
the ASP.NET account, this account will provide the locale.

If you want to change this, you can do this at run-time using the
CurrentCulture property of the CurrentThread. More info:
http://tinyurl.com/287jx

Eric Mamet

For those interested, the answer/fix was to modify the globalization
tag in my machine.config file (language was "neutral", set it to
"en-GB")