    DONE

    How can I do a while loop inside a here documents in ruby? Is it
    possible?

    equinox, Dec 2, 2008

  2. equinox

    equinox Guest

    I am not using erb unfortunately, anyway to go around this?

    equinox, Dec 2, 2008

  3. equinox

    Ken Bloom Guest

    No. You'll have to put the loop outside the string.

    Ken Bloom, Dec 2, 2008

    Something like this? Though this has other problems...
    STDOUT.sync = true
    my_text = <<-FINISHED
    Note the sequence of when these things are written.
    #{3.times do
    puts "Hello"
    end
    } times a greeting was written.
    end of my text
    FINISHED
    puts my_text

    Victor H. Goff III, Dec 2, 2008
  5. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you want to have repeated
    content from the here doc?

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Dec 2, 2008