why is my mp3 link not working?

Doc

Does anyone see any obvious problems with the code for this webpage I put
up? The page comes up, but when I click on the link, it gives me an error
screen. It's a very simple site, if there's an error in my html, I don't see
where it is. Tech support at Earthlink has been useless. They claimed there
was a problem with the mp3 file, but I downloaded it from the ftp site and
it plays fine.

Thanks for any assistance.

http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/happy_holidays/the_christmas_song.html

Dylan Parry

Doc said:
I think you're mistaken. Doing what you suggest immediately begins
downloading the file. Clicking on the link as I have it brings up the page.

Um, I think you misunderstood what he was saying... or it was badly said :)

Currently, your code reads:

but it needs to be changed to:

HTH

Doc

Dylan Parry said:
page.

Um, I think you misunderstood what he was saying... or it was badly said :)

Currently, your code reads:

but it needs to be changed to:

Actually, I had it that way originally, and it didn't work. Then I looked at
another site I have up:

http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/candolihorn/candolihorn.html

and saw that the way I did that one had the main file and then the mp3 the
same way - thusly:

solo</center><a/>

And it works. However, I'm finding that neither way works with the Happy
Holidays site.

Doc

I'm an idiot. The name of the file had an extra _ that I didn't catch. I
looked several times before and didn't catch it.

Thanks for all input.

Starshine Moonbeam

Doc said:
I think you're mistaken. Doing what you suggest immediately begins
downloading the file. Clicking on the link as I have it brings up the page.

Um....

Song</a>

Rick Cook

Doc said:
Does anyone see any obvious problems with the code for this webpage I put
up? The page comes up, but when I click on the link, it gives me an error
screen. It's a very simple site, if there's an error in my html, I don't see
where it is. Tech support at Earthlink has been useless. They claimed there
was a problem with the mp3 file, but I downloaded it from the ftp site and
it plays fine.

Thanks for any assistance.

http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/happy_holidays/the_christmas_song.html
I wouldn't trust anything Earthlink tech support tells you. Since they
moved their support operations to India, they have gone from pretty good
to absolutely awful.

--RC