Why this Difference in Importing NumPy 1.2 vs 1.4?

W. eWatson

I wrote a program in Python 2.5 under Win7 and it runs fine using Numpy
1.2 , but not on a colleague's machine who has a slightly newer 2.5 and
uses NumPy 1.4. We both use IDLE to execute the program. During import
he gets this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.DavesDesktop\My
Documents\Astro\Meteors\NC-FireballReport.py", line 38, in <module>
from scipy import stats as stats # scoreatpercentile
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\stats\__init__.py", line 7,
in <module>
from stats import *
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\stats\stats.py", line 191,
in <module>
import scipy.special as special
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py", line
22, in <module>
from numpy.testing import NumpyTest
ImportError: cannot import name NumpyTest
Comments?

It looks as though the problem is in NumPy 1.4. If it's either in NumPy
or SciPy, how does my colleague back out to an earlier version to agree
with mine? Does he just pull down 1.3 or better 1.2 (I use it.), and
install it? How does he somehow remove 1.4? Is it as easy as going to
IDLE's path browser and removing, under site-packages, numpy? (I'm not
sure that's even possible. I don't see a right-click menu.)