Wierd SessionState problem (again)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dean, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Dean

    Dean Guest

    PageOne.aspx has an image control. The imageURL of the image control points
    to ImagePump.aspx.

    ImagePump.aspx gets a bitmap out of a SQLServer database, puts in into a
    bitmap object and does a:

    myImage.save(response.outputstream, ImageFormat.jpeg).

    This code works however, on this page I refer to a sessionvariable that is
    accessable from all of my other pages. But that session variable is not
    accessable from this page - it is nothing.

    The only difference between this page and other aspx pages is that this page
    never gets explicitly requested. The code in the page_load gets executed
    however. It must be getting executed when the image.imageurl property on
    pageone.aspx references it.

    The mystery is why can't this page reference session variables?
    [I am sure it has been populated and I am sure that sessionstate is enabled
    for this page]
    thanks,
    Dean

    Dean, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Dean

    Dean Guest

    figured out wierd problem and learned something

    When stepping through code you are not always stepping through in the
    sequence the code is executed. A component on a page got it's property
    before another page set session state. But when I stepped through the
    sequence was reversed.
    Dean

    Dean, Aug 30, 2003