win32api.GetFileVersionInfo - error

xytho33

I need to be able to programatically get the version info from a windows
DLL preferably in the same format as what is displayed in the properties
tab.

I was overjoyed to find Mark Hammond's Python Extensions
(http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/) The package includes a little
demo program "filevers.py" distributed in the win32api download that does
exactly what I need.

Unfortunately I get this error when I execute the script:

C:\work>getfilever.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\work\getfilever.py", line 8, in ?
d=win32api.GetFileVersionInfo(fname, '\\')
pywintypes.error: (1812, 'GetFileVersionInfo:GetFileVersionInfoSize', 'The
specified image file did not contain a resource section.')

Anybody know what this means, or more importantly, if there is a
work-around? "fname", in the code snippit above, contains the name of a
DLL compiled with MS Visual Studio .NET 2003.

Thanks,

Peter Hansen

xytho33 said:
I need to be able to programatically get the version info from a windows
DLL preferably in the same format as what is displayed in the properties
tab.

(Posted and mailed)

Your posts are making it to the newsgroup, so please stop
posting more of them and look for Dennis Lee Bieber's
reply.

-Peter