win32util packages on ruby1.9

Peña, Botp

just installed ruby 1.9.1 on windows. and then installed win32util's =
net-ping and popen3.

but when i ran my script i get a popup that it is looking for =
msvcrt-ruby18.dll. Of course, it's not there anymore since ruby 1.9 has =
msvcrt-ruby191.dll. copying the 191.dll to 181.dll result to a weirder =
error...

so my initial question is: does win32util packages support ruby1.9 ? =
(this dll thingy is really hell:))
if yes, how do i resolve the error above?

kind regards -botp

Heesob Park

Hi,

2009/3/14 Pe=C3=B1a said:
just installed ruby 1.9.1 on windows. and then =C2=A0installed win32util'= s net-ping and popen3.

but when i ran my script i get a popup that it is looking for msvcrt-ruby=
18.dll. =C2=A0Of course, it's not there anymore since ruby 1.9 has msvcrt-r=
uby191.dll. =C2=A0copying the 191.dll to 181.dll result to a =C2=A0weirder =
error...
so my initial question is: does win32util packages support ruby1.9 ? =C2=
=A0(this dll thingy is really hell:))
if yes, how do i resolve the error above?
Two gems win32-open3 and win32-api are looking for msvcrt-xxx.dll.
As I know, the other gems are pure ruby.
Currently win32utils binary gems don't support ruby1.9 officially. For
the moment, unofficial binary gems are available at
http://121.78.227.9/ruby-1.9.1p0-win32utils-gem/

Regards,

Park Heesob

botp

From: Heesob Park [mailto:p[email protected]]
# Two gems win32-open3 and win32-api are looking for
# msvcrt-xxx.dll. As I know, the other gems are pure ruby.

not bad

# Currently win32utils binary gems don't support
# ruby1.9 officially. For the moment, unofficial binary
# gems are available at
# http://121.78.227.9/ruby-1.9.1p0-win32utils-gem/

works like a charm.
thank you, park.

(apologies if this gets duplicated. client mail problem here)

kind regards -botp