windows 2003 vb6 debug - still fails after dcom fix!

dan m

Anyone running windwos 2003 who has tried the msdn dcom fix [kb
259725] and still cant debug in vb6?

Despite setting the permissions as discussed in the article i still
just get:

---
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80080005'
Server.CreateObject Failed
/LM/W3SVC/431032598/Root/global.asa, line 150
80080005

---

I have tried both binary and no compatibility in vb and no joy
either...

Any thoughts massively appreciated as i need this running yesterday!!!
Regards, dan m

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What object are you trying to create (show code!), and what exactly are your
intentions with this object that you're attempting to create in global.asa?

Ray at work