Windows logon Name

Dean

I am setting up an intranet application and would like to
get access to the users windows network log on user name.
I have turned on "windows authentication" for the
application. I was hoping to find it with the server
variables, however the LOGON, AUTH and REMOTE users were
blank. I then created a WindowsIdentity object, the name
I found there was MAC-WEB\ASPNET which is a generic user
account name. What am I missing here?

Thanks very much

Dean

Ray at

Did you turn off anonymous access? Do that. Make sure that everyone has
NTFS permissions to read the .asp files, or the users will not be able to
access your site then. IE will automatically log the person in seemlessly,
and your AUTH_USER variable will be populated.

Ray at work