windows.open doesn't work in frameset - not the usual case

stef

hi

i ve got a problem that is driving me mad all afternoon
i have flash site embedded in html and as i don t want to display the
url (i ve got my reasons for that) i have built a single frame
frameset

from within flash i use window.open

it works fine offline
it works fine oneline IF the main frameset and the single frame it
holds are on the same server
it doesn't work if they are on a different server!

in the frameset we ve got:
<frameset rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="http://www.domain.com/folder/index.html" name="index" />
</frameset>

please have a look at the site:
http://steflad.free.fr

go to web
click on the mushroom thumbnail (3rd row on the left)
then click "lancer projet" at the bottom

it should load something but it doesn't...

any idea or suggestion?

thank you for your help
stef

Grant Wagner

stef said:
hi

i ve got a problem that is driving me mad all afternoon
i have flash site embedded in html and as i don t want to display the
url (i ve got my reasons for that)

The content is being loaded from
http://www.kiparoo.com/stef/alphabet.html, which seems to be running on
Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux. What's the big deal with knowing
that?
please have a look at the site:
http://steflad.free.fr

go to web
click on the mushroom thumbnail (3rd row on the left)
then click "lancer projet" at the bottom

it should load something but it doesn't...

Works fine in Firefox 0.9.3.
any idea or suggestion?

Since it works in at least one other browser, it would appear to be some
integration problem between Internet Explorer and the Flash, you might
want to try some Flash newsgroups since it seems that the JavaScript
itself is actually correct.