    Thank you

    Steve
    http://www.ShopHereNow.net

    Steve F., Feb 9, 2005

  2. I don't believe there is away around it from the server side since Microsoft
    purposely "patched" this problem in SP2. Some people were using it for
    malicious purposes, like displaying full screen ads that had no intuitive
    way for users to close them.
    If there is a way to enable this kind of functionality, it would probably be
    through the browser's security settings.

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Feb 9, 2005

  3. Steve F.

    Steve F. Guest

    Thank you for the quick reply, I tried everything (Intranet zone, trusted
    zone, low settings), and nothing.

    There must be a way. I can't believe that somebody would just decide to get
    rid of some functionality. Does not sound like Microsoft to go
    backwards...........

    Steve

    Steve F., Feb 9, 2005
  4. Steve F.

    bruce barker Guest

    it was determined to be a security hole in IE and is now repaired. don't
    expect the functionality to come back. while the user can turn off popup
    blocking, fullscreen is not allowed.

    if your app is a real kiosk, then you can create a wrapper app for the
    browser object and get the feature back (basically write your own browser)

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Feb 10, 2005