Windows Server 2000 question...

Awana Fuqu

Will CDO work under Windows Server 2000? I'm guessing it will. The problem is
that I wrote a nice little ASP app under Windows Server 2003 which works
REALLY well. Sends out the email with NO problem. 'Course, it uses an
external SMTP server, but I'm assuming this shouldn't matter, right?.
Because when I port it over to Windows Server 2000, it blows right past it. Is
there a particular setup procedure that needs to be done for Windows Server
2000 to enable CDO to work properly?

Many many thanks!!

Code Toad Marky

Will CDO work under Windows Server 2000? I'm guessing it will. The problem is
that I wrote a nice little ASP app under Windows Server 2003 which works
REALLY well. Sends out the email with NO problem. 'Course, it uses an
external SMTP server, but I'm assuming this shouldn't matter, right?.
Because when I port it over to Windows Server 2000, it blows right past it. Is
there a particular setup procedure that needs to be done for Windows Server
2000 to enable CDO to work properly?

Many many thanks!!

BTW, PLEASE FORGIVE THE PROFANE USER NAME!!! IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!

Mark Schupp

remove any "on error resume next" statements to see if you are getting an
error.
Do you have the SMTP service installed on the win2000 system (CDO is
installed with it)?
Does the win2000 system have permission to send mail to the external SMTP
server?