Windows vista

loveshadowdog

Hi. My name is toru.
I start learning python couple weeks ago.

I install the compiler from python.org.
but I cannot use the IDLE program.
(command line works fine so far)
the error screen says that the my personal fire wall is blocking the
program to run.
I am not sure how to fix this.
By the way, I heard many people said that this is because I am using
windows vista.
Does anyone know how to use IDLE program on Windows Vista machine?

thank you.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

-On [20090216 09:50] said:
the error screen says that the my personal fire wall is blocking the
program to run.

My default Windows Vista x64 installation is not blocking my IDLE at all, so
it might be you're not using the standard Windows firewall but perhaps some
third-party one.

Most of the time in the firewall configuration windows you can add specific
executables to be allowed access. As such you probably have to point it to
the C:\Python25\Python.exe file, but that's just a guess.

Dick

Hi. My name is toru.
I start learning python couple weeks ago.

I install the compiler from python.org.
but I cannot use the IDLE program.
(command line works fine so far)
the error screen says that the my personal fire wall is blocking the
program to run.
I am not sure how to fix this.
By the way, I heard many people said that this is because I am using
windows vista.
Does anyone know how to use IDLE program on Windows Vista machine?

thank you.

On my Vista machine I reply to a firewall popup the first time I run
IDLE and tell it to allow
IDLE to open a port. The next time I run IDLE, all is OK. I still have
the problem that
sometimes IDLE does not properly cleanup hung processes, which means
IDLE will not restart.

Dick Johnson