Word to Pdf conversion

vighnesh

Hi All

I am presently dealing a project in which I have convert aWord document
file as Pdf file.
Please let me know is it possible in .NET with out using any third party
component?
And requesting you to please suggest me the proper approach

Regards
Vighneswar

Chris Mayers

vighnesh said:
Hi All

I am presently dealing a project in which I have convert aWord document
file as Pdf file.
Please let me know is it possible in .NET with out using any third party
component?
And requesting you to please suggest me the proper approach

Regards
Vighneswar

Hi,

This is somthing that I had to look into a couple of years ago.

I'm not aware of any easy way of doing this without a 3rd party component.
I believe the PDF specifications are 'open', so I guess in theory you could
write your own PDF generator, but it would be one hell of a task!

There are quite a few tools and components on the market, some pretty cheap,
that should be able to help. I can't remember any of the top of my head, but
a quick Google should give you plenty to start off with.

Actually, one that I looked at that was pretty good was called somthing like
'Amyuni PDFCreator'

Regards,

Chris.

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

"vighnesh"
I am presently dealing a project in which I have convert aWord document
file as Pdf file.
Please let me know is it possible in .NET with out using any third party
component?
And requesting you to please suggest me the proper approach
No, you need at least a component by instance from Adobe or AFAIK form
9rays-net
http://www.9rays.net/

I hope this helps,

Cor

Subin Kushle

Greetings,
I guess the best way to convert a word document to pdf without using third
party components will be to print the word document to the Adobe PDF printer
device that installs itself along with the Adobe acrobat professional.

best,
Subin Kushle.

m.posseth

There are also some opensource components out there , even written in .Net
just do a Google on them

M. Posseth