Working with Login controls in ASP .Net 2.0 Beta 2

Pavan Apuroop

Hi All,

I am using ASP .Net Beta 2 to develop web applications.

In one of my web applications, i am using 'CreateUser' wizard to create
users for my site.

Earlier, when i was using Beta 1, i have stored all the user information in
MS Access Database.

Now, in Beta 2, the default storage provider is MS SQL Server.

Can anybody help me how to create a membership provider for MS Access
database, so that it can store user information in my .mdb file.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Pavan

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Pravan,

Due to some certain consideration, the Access DBProvider in the beta1 (also
previous preview version) has been canceld and we are recommended to use
the new support for SQL Server 2005 Express Edition which will also provide
the funcationality to use file based database file in our asp.net
webapplication. However , since the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition is
designed for high performance and concurrency condition, it'll perform much
better than the access db which is not very good for concurrent and
multi-users services application. For detailed info about other features
that be postponed in beta2 and the first release, you can refer to the
following article:

#Features postponed for ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/beta2/beta2changes.aspx

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support