Beta 2 Login Control Problem

TDC

Has anyone found an answer to the post below?!? Any help appreciated!

---------------------------
a.. From: johan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
a.. Date: 2 May 2005 05:13:08 -0700

I have a problem with with Login and CreateUserWizard controls in
ASP.NET beta 2. In beta 1 they worked just fine, but now they do not
work at all, they don't even throw exceptions.

The Login control dont say anything, it just doesn't login the user.
There are no requests made to the database. I've tried my existing code
that worked in beta 1 and I've created a new web site from scratch on a
clean machine and get the exact same problem. Any ideas how to fix
this?

The CreateUserWizard just return the handled error "Please enter a
different password", no matter what I enter as password. I've tried
with short, long, strong and bland password. It's always the same
message.

Please help!

Brock Allen

The CreateUserWizard just return the handled error "Please enter a
different password", no matter what I enter as password. I've tried
with short, long, strong and bland password. It's always the same
message.

Beta 2 introduced strong password requirements by default:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/fw20readme.aspx

You can configure those settings:

<membership>
<providers>
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider,
System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false"
passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" passwordAttemptWindow="10"
passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
</providers>
</membership>

And this blog entry mentions how to change those settings:

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2005/05/11/406550.aspx

TDC

Thanks for the response but that's not it. When I use code
Membership.Validate user it works.

I guess I shoudl be more specific: when I type an invalid password It get an
invalid password error. When I type a valid password it goes back to the

!

Again more help appreciated...

Tronn

TDC

Sweet thanks...

clintonG said:
Also check out the official Beta 2 forums [1]

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

[1] http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=6

TDC said:
Thanks for the response but that's not it. When I use code
Membership.Validate user it works.

I guess I shoudl be more specific: when I type an invalid password It get
an invalid password error. When I type a valid password it goes back to
the previous page but has authenticated nothing and thrwos no error.

!

Again more help appreciated...

Tronn

TDC

Although nothing there I posed so thanks again. Anyone with other ideas
still appreciated!