3 password in asp.net Login control

Afshar

Hi everybody there,
I have a special Login page that wants users to enter 3 passwords
rather than a single password. But can't do it with Login control. I
tried following scenarios:

1. Put an Login in the page and set its Visible = False instead put my
own username and 3 password on the form. Then I checked 2nd and 3rd
password seperately and passed username and password to Login control
via its Username and Password properties but couldn't because they was
reaonly! Also there was not any such LOGIN or AUTHENTICATE method.

2. Programming on LoggedIn and other Login events, but couldn't find
any method or way to undo the login process based on my internally
password checking, that means I want to logout that user automaticlly
if 2nd and 3rd password is incorrect.

3. Searched for any non-control (I mean just a class) to do login
process just in my c# code, but I didn't find anything.

So PLEASE help me!
I have preached ASP.NET Membership between my colleages very much.
Don't allow a defeat!

With Thanks:
Afshar Mohebbi

clintonG

So how do you authenticate (or plan to authenticate) three separate strings?
Two of them should be or have to be the user name and password Membership
requires right? And the third would require using your own code and
authentication schema. So authenticate your piece first and after
authenticating on that piece let Membership take over with the other two
pieces. DOn't forget to use SQL Manager to check out the stored procedures
Membership uses for authentication. You can reuse them.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W

Afshar

Hi clintonG,

But I want a single login BUTTON in a single page, so the user enters
his data and clicks a button just one time in order to backward
compatiblety.

Thanks in Advance:
Afshar

clintonG

Yea, so?

Everything you need to do can be done in the Button's click event handler.
You might have to write and invoke a class or two with some unique methods
but sometimes that's what we have to do. Especially when somebody comes up
with some goofy authentication scheme. I know this wasn't your idea right?
;-)

So what's the real problem here? I mean you didn't answer some questions I
had so I won't be much help without explicit facts. After all, maybe my
first idea wasn't such a good idea after all!

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Hi clintonG,

But I want a single login BUTTON in a single page, so the user enters
his data and clicks a button just one time in order to backward
compatiblety.

Thanks in Advance:
Afshar

Afshar

Dear Clinton,
Please let go back to your first guidance:

:::And the third would require using your own code and
:::authentication schema. So authenticate your piece first and after
:::authenticating on that piece let Membership take over with the other
two
:::pieces.

I can handle my third string authentication in my own code, but how let
Membership take over the

other two pieces? I'm just searching for a method or function call to
do it. Is there any specific

method or class for it? I couldn't find any method for this in Login
Control.

Any help would be appreciated
Afshar Mohebbi