Would You Write Python Articles or Screencasts for Money?

Jeff Rush

There is discussion by the Python Software Foundation of offering cash
bounties or perhaps periodic awards to the "best of" for magazine articles,
video/screencast clips and such.

If YOU would be swayed to get involved in producing content in exchange for
cash, please speak up on the advocacy mailing list and also drop an email to
Steve Holden <[email protected]>, current champion of this idea and looking
for encouragement. Ideas on how to evaluate contributions, how frequently to
do this and critical thresholds of cash amounts necessary to induce YOUR
participation are wanted.

Jeff Rush
Python Advocacy Coordinator

* Advocacy Mailing List
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/advocacy

Michael Hoffman

Jeff said:
There is discussion by the Python Software Foundation of offering cash
bounties or perhaps periodic awards to the "best of" for magazine articles,
video/screencast clips and such.

If YOU would be swayed to get involved in producing content in exchange for
cash, please speak up on the advocacy mailing list and also drop an email to
Steve Holden <[email protected]>, current champion of this idea and looking
for encouragement.

The very next thread I see after this one in this newsgroup is "work at
home from internet.and earn 4000USD every month." So you'll have to do
better than that for an adequate incentive. ;)

Seems like a good idea, although I don't have any constructive
suggestions at this point.

kyosohma

The very next thread I see after this one in this newsgroup is "work at
home from internet.and earn 4000USD every month." So you'll have to do
better than that for an adequate incentive. ;)

Seems like a good idea, although I don't have any constructive
suggestions at this point.

Sounds like a good idea to me as well. But I'll probably do some
writing either way.

Mike

Michele Simionato

There is discussion by the Python Software Foundation of offering cash
bounties or perhaps periodic awards to the "best of" for magazine articles,
video/screencast clips and such.

I would be +1 for offering symbolic prices (i.e. Python T-shirts or
even silver plates) and
-1 for cash. You could use the cash to fund other kind of initiatives
(perhaps the forthcoming
Italian Python conference? http://www.pycon.it ;)

Michele Simionato