Wrapping C API

Anish Chapagain

Hi!!
I'm new to python and have a task for Wrapping up an old program
written in C(20.c files), to provide GUI and chart,graph feature in
Python. I've tried using SWIG but am not getting well in windows
system, wish to receive guidelines for initiating the task...

Ulrich Eckhardt

Anish said:
I'm new to python and have a task for Wrapping up an old program
written in C(20.c files), to provide GUI and chart,graph feature in
Python. I've tried using SWIG but am not getting well in windows
system, wish to receive guidelines for initiating the task...

Two ways come to mind:
1. ctypes
2. popen

The former is basically an interface to the C language types which makes it
rather easy to load C DLLs and call functions therein. The latter is a way
to start a program with redirected input and output, something that can be
used to remote-control any commandline application.

Uli

Anish Chapagain

Two ways come to mind:
1. ctypes
2. popen

The former is basically an interface to the C language types which makes it
rather easy to load C DLLs and call functions therein. The latter is a way
to start a program with redirected input and output, something that can be
used to remote-control any commandline application.

Uli

For, plotting chart and graph through C, dll in pyhton will ctype be
more easy..
if there any example would like to see once..
thank's