Writing memory with GCC

Joseph Casey

Greetings.
Can I write memory locations with GDB? I have been looking through
Debugging With GDB and a few tutorials but can't find anything - only
how to read memory and write to variables. I am using GDB 5.1.1 for TI
MSP430 in text mode but I expect the commands would be the same as for
native debugging.
Help appreciated.
Joseph Casey.

Keith Thompson

Joseph Casey said:
Can I write memory locations with GDB? I have been looking through
Debugging With GDB and a few tutorials but can't find anything - only
how to read memory and write to variables. I am using GDB 5.1.1 for TI
MSP430 in text mode but I expect the commands would be the same as for
native debugging.

Are you asking about gcc or gdb?

Either way, it's not a question about the C programming language, so
we can't help you here. Try a newsgroup with "gcc" or "gdb" in its
name.