writing to file

dave

Hi
I'm reading one html file and writing in another problem.

while cnt <= ubound(lines)
myFile.WriteLine "body = body & """&lines(cnt)&""""
cnt = cnt + 1
wend

Using this code when I see new file it puts one character
(look like small rectangle) before "
how would i get rid of this character???

If i run this code...it works fine
while cnt <= ubound(lines)
myFile.WriteLine "body = body & """&lines(cnt)
cnt = cnt + 1
wend

how would i append " at end of each line without having
special character..i tried to copy and paste to hear but
i am unable to paste...may be its carriage return or line
feed...

thanx
dave

Ray at

You could use Chr(34) in place of """", although they both should produce
the same thing. Are you specifying a file format when you open the file?
What are you using to open it? FSO?

Ray at work

Rob Collyer

You could use Chr(34) in place of """", although they both should
produce the same thing. Are you specifying a file format when you
open the file? What are you using to open it? FSO?

Ray at work

Can you paste your entire code?

I have some functions that deal with reading in text files you may find
useful.

Gimme a shout at the forumz, if you need!