WScript Error

AbdulBaari

Dear all,

can anyone solve this problem. Im beginner in VBScript.Im getting an
errorregarding "Wscript" means whenever I use WScript object, it shows
Errors as " Object required: WScript" & "Variable undefind :
Wscript" . Mostly I get "Object required: Wscript" erroe message
whenver I declare
WScript object.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem.

bye bye

Evertjan.

AbdulBaari wrote on 08 mrt 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
can anyone solve this problem. Im beginner in VBScript.Im getting an
errorregarding "Wscript" means whenever I use WScript object, it shows
Errors as " Object required: WScript" & "Variable undefind :
Wscript" . Mostly I get "Object required: Wscript" erroe message
whenver I declare
WScript object.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem.

Please show the ASP-vbs code line where the error points to.

Anthony Jones

AbdulBaari said:
Dear all,

can anyone solve this problem. Im beginner in VBScript.Im getting an
errorregarding "Wscript" means whenever I use WScript object, it shows
Errors as " Object required: WScript" & "Variable undefind :
Wscript" . Mostly I get "Object required: Wscript" erroe message
whenver I declare
WScript object.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem.

WScript is not an intrinsic object to VBScript. It is added to the VBScript
context created by the WScript.exe or the CScript.exe used to execute VBS
files.

ASP pages create a VBScript context but do not add the WScript object to the
context. Instead things such as Session, Response and Request are added to
the context.

What feature of WScript are you trying to use?