wxPython - DirDialog - Can't use symbolic links?

Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Background:
My sys admin at my company is determined to keep switching the mount point of path "/u". (in Unix/Linux). So /u gets mounted to /a/b/c one week, then it gets mounted to /a/b/x the next by means of an automounter. The automounter sees a 'cd /u/username' request and automounts /u to /a/b/c using a symbolic link. So /u/username becomes /a/b/c/username but the user only sees /u/username at the command line prompt.

Problem:
My wxPython program uses DirDialog to allow the user to select a directory. But when the user types in /u/username, it will not follow the symbolic link to /a/b/c/username.

Questions:
Is DirDialog written to follow symbolic links?
Is there a configuration switch/argument to pass in to turn it on?
Any suggestions as to how to get DirDialog to follow a symbolic link?

Thanks!

Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Oh and I'm using Python 2.3.4 and wxPython 2.4.2.4 - My company "quals" or qualifies certain versions of code to use on the production floor. They are slow to update versions due to the time cost of testing and qualifying a new version of python and wxpython. Believe me, I would love to update the version! Thanks again.