wxPython Grid XY Coordinates question

Kiran

Hello All,
I am writing an app in wxPython using a grid. I need to be able to
recognize what cell in the grid the user is hovering over with the
mouse. How to do this?
I tried XYToCell(x, y), but that doesnt work properly because it
thinks that mouse position (0, 0) is the first cell in the grid, and
then goes from there, so if i move the grid to a differernt area on the
screen, the XYToCell is messed up in what it returns.

Any ideas on how to get this to work or any other way?

thanks,
Kiran

Will McGugan

Kiran said:
Hello All,
I am writing an app in wxPython using a grid. I need to be able to
recognize what cell in the grid the user is hovering over with the
mouse. How to do this?
I tried XYToCell(x, y), but that doesnt work properly because it
thinks that mouse position (0, 0) is the first cell in the grid, and
then goes from there, so if i move the grid to a differernt area on the
screen, the XYToCell is messed up in what it returns.

Any ideas on how to get this to work or any other way?

XYToCell probably takes window (client) coordinates. If you have the
mouse position in screen coordinates, you will need to convert them with
the ScreenToClient for your grid.

Will McGugan