wxPython install problem

Russell Reagan

I installed wxPython 2.4.2.4 from the prebuilt binary for Windows. I am
using the Cygwin version of Python 2.3.2. After installing wxPython, I ran
the minimal window script: http://www.wxpython.org/test1.py.html

That script gave this output:

$ ./wxtest.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./wxtest.py", line 20, in ?
from wxPython.wx import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line 20, in
?
import wxc
ImportError: No module named wxc

This is the only 'wxc' file I can find:
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/wxc.pyd

Any ideas what I can do to get wxPython working correctly?