Boa+wxpython2.4+wxGTK2.4

John

Hi,

I'm trying to get Boa running on MDK cooker but keep getting this
error. I have googled around for the error and it seems to have
something to do with the wxGTK version I'm using.

What version does everyone else use???

Thanks,
John

Starting Boa Constructor v0.2.8
importing wxPython
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./Boa.py", line 194, in ?
from wxPython import wx
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line
20, in ?
import wxc
ImportError: /usr/lib/wxPython/lib/libwx_gtk2u-2.4.so.0: undefined
symbol: _gtk_accel_group_detach

gongoozler

Hi,
I read John's post and find I'm trying to do the same thing, slightly
different behaviour, if it helps someone point both of us in the right
direction.
My setup:
Mandrake 10.0
Python 2.3.3.2.mdk
wxPythonGTK-2.4.2.4-2mdk
pyGTK2.0-2.0.0.2mdk

Try starring Boa Constructor-0.2.3

[marc@localhost boa-constructor-0.2.3]$ python Boa.py
Starting Boa Constructor v0.2.3
importing wxPython
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Boa.py", line 179, in ?
from wxPython import wx
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line
20, in ?
import wxc
ImportError: libwx_gtk2u-2.4.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

So do I have the library...
[marc@localhost boa-constructor-0.2.3]$ find /usr/lib -name
libwx_gtk2u-2.4.* -print
/usr/lib/wxPython/lib/libwx_gtk2u-2.4.so
[marc@localhost boa-constructor-0.2.3]$ find /usr/lib -name
"libwx_gtk2u-2.4.*" -print
/usr/lib/wxPython/lib/libwx_gtk2u-2.4.so --> which is a link to
libwx_gtk2u-2.4.so.0.1.1

Well nearly, but that ain't close enough. The import error looks like
it is referencing a library that doesn't exist, maybe a badly formed
name.
I have identical versions of Python, wxPython, wx and Boa running on a
W2K laptop with the same versions as the Mandrake box.

Hints as to the process that constructs or resolves the library name,
and it's location if it's in the Python, gratefully received.

Regards,

Gongoolzer