wxRuby and getting the display size

Tim

Hi, I'm using wxRuby v0.6.0 and am trying to get the size of the
display. According to the wxWindows documentation, there's a function
wxGetDisplaySize() that will do what I want. Does wxRuby provide access
to this function or is there another way to get this info? I tried
Wx::get_display_size(), but that didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Tim

Thanks for the help, Alex. I'm trying to get wxRuby2 built on my
system. It seems to be a non-trivial task on a PC system . . .

Tim

Alex Fenton

Tim said:
Thanks for the help, Alex. I'm trying to get wxRuby2 built on my
system. It seems to be a non-trivial task on a PC system . . .

I'm sure it is - I have only built it on OS X & Linux where the tools (gcc, SWIG, Wx) are there or easily installed. The wxruby mailing list is a good place to get help on all platforms though.

I think getting a binary release esp for windows is the top priority for wxruby2 at the moment, but temporarily stalled b/c of developers' other commitments. Personally I plan to get back to sending in small patches pretty soon, now the football's finished and the sun will stop shining outside