WYSIWYG content management system; how to put together and make it work

anoniem

If anyone in this newsgroup has any knowledge of how to make a content
management system/ application for the web, please respond. I am
trying to put together a content management system that has a WYSIWYG
(What You See Is What You Get) interface. It must have high quality
standards like HTML editing applications. (frontpage and ...)

If java is not the first programming language to consider using for
this kind of projects, then what programming language is? Are there
any open-source content management system (CMS) programs around?

Steven Chang

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Programming is exploring the world of applications and operating
systems around the globe using internet to travel faster then sound.

Andrew Thompson

If anyone in this newsgroup has any knowledge of how to make a content
management system/ application for the web, please respond. I am
trying to put together a content management system that has a WYSIWYG
(What You See Is What You Get) interface.

You will fail. The internet is not
a WYSIWYG presentation medium.

Browser makers are beginning to realize
that users want text of any friggin' size
that suits their screen, it's resolution,
the state of their eyes at that moment...
The days of 'I want 10 px verdana for
the menu text' are coming to a close,
or rather, it will be the user who is
making that decision.

Once browser manufacturers give that ability
to the end user, the 'pixel perfect' sites
that you think are WYSIWYG, fall apart.
Some fall apart and are still useable,
if ugly, while most become unuseable.
..It must have high quality
standards like HTML editing applications. (frontpage and ...)

Frontpage destroys HMTL. You have a steep
learning curve ahead if you think it produces
HTML of a 'high quality standard'.