WYSIWYG Editors Which Work With Custom Template Systems

Ben Gribaudo

Hello,

The corporation for which I work maintains a couple of mid-sized Web
sites. At present, we hand-code all HTML. We're interested in finding
a 100% W3C recommendations compliant WYSIWYG HTML editor that we can
use to replace most of our hand-coding. The challenge is finding one
that will work with our custom template system.

Our template engine wraps each page's body content with a header,
footer and auto-generated navigation, so any editor we use should not
include these elements in its output. This means that it needs to be
able to save and open HTML files that do not include <html> and <body>
tags.

A page in our templating system looks like this:
<%
some Ruby code
%>
<%
more Ruby code
%>

Are there any editors out there that can do this sort of thing?

Thank you,
Ben

al jones

[...]

This isn't the ansewer that you're looking for - because I'd like the same
thing. An editor that will recognize HTML without some of the pertinent
parts. I use Scite as my editor and then Orb - it's a commandline
preprocessor to put the pages of my web site together. My header, nav bar,
index, and footer are aLL '$INCLUDE' files - I make the changes to the .orb
(unprocessed html) and then run orb to createt the required output.

//al