XHTML 1.0 or HTML 4.01 - thoughts

Adrienne

Disable the PDF plugin in your browser.

I'm not always using my browser, where it IS disabled. I still think
authors should clearly mark these links as PDF. Then again, I think that
authors should clearly mark links that open in new windows (I hate those,
too).

Neal

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Spartanicus <[email protected]>
writing
in

I'm not always using my browser, where it IS disabled. I still think
authors should clearly mark these links as PDF.

In most cases, the .pdf part of the link is a tipoff. Of course, this is
not always reliable.
Then again, I think that
authors should clearly mark links that open in new windows (I hate those,
too).

Or simply not do so! Give me a litle option on how I want to access the
data.

Mark Parnell

I've seen the
whole page replaced by adobe if user has set to open within browser.

And that's the behaviour the user will expect if they have it set to
open in the browser. If they wanted it to open separately, they would
have configured it to do so.