xml parser

Harry

Hello,

I want to know if I can modify a xml-file with a xml-parser or can I
only read the information out of it.

If it is possible, I searching for xml-Parser for c++ (win32). I tried
with xerxes. But I didn't find how to access to existing "const"
Methods. I also don't know if I can modify?

Thanks very much!

BigBrian

Harry said:
Hello,

I want to know if I can modify a xml-file with a xml-parser or can I
only read the information out of it.

If it is possible, I searching for xml-Parser for c++ (win32). I tried
with xerxes. But I didn't find how to access to existing "const"
Methods. I also don't know if I can modify?

Thanks very much!

Even if the given XML parser is written in C++, this is off topic
because it doesn't contain a question about the C++ LANGUAGE, which is
what is discoussed here.

I'd suggest you read the documentation for your parser.

Phlip

Harry said:
If it is possible, I searching for xml-Parser for c++ (win32). I tried
with xerxes.

Xerxes is hard to install and use. Search for TinyXML. It does exactly what
you need, without runaway dependencies.
But I didn't find how to access to existing "const"
Methods. I also don't know if I can modify?

Assuming Xerxes isn't completely useless, you are trying to use it wrong. If
you have a question about how 'const' works, post it here, with a small
sample of code that doesn't assume any of us know Xerxes.

If you have a question about Xerxes, post it to a forum that covers Xerxes.
Posting to the narrowest technical newsgroup always has better odds of a
good response.

David

Hello Harry,

Hello,

I want to know if I can modify a xml-file with a xml-parser or can I
only read the information out of it.

An XML Parser generally means a tool to read XML formatted information.

An XML Generator would by used to create an XML Document.

Most packages, such as Xerces are XML Tools. That is they can both
read and write XML documents. Some have an ability to edit documents.
If it is possible, I searching for xml-Parser for c++ (win32). I tried
with xerxes. But I didn't find how to access to existing "const"
Methods. I also don't know if I can modify?

Think of an XML document as a text file. You can only edit an unlimited
sized document in a couple ways. Since compressing or expanding a
document at a certain location may be impossible, the entire document
must be rewritten to make the change. A change that had sufficient
space, such as overwriting a field with the same size of data, could
be handled in place.

Some XML Tools generate in-memory copies of the document structure.
These tools allow a document to be read, modified, and written.

There are also XML Translation Tools (XLS? or XLT?) that allow you
to specify modification rules to make on a document.
Thanks very much!

David